The Forest Park Cross Country Festival is proud to call Forest Park home. Located in the center of St. Louis, the park is home to several area landmarks including the St. Louis Science Center and the nationally-recognized St. Louis Zoo. Forest Park hosted the USATF Cross Country Championships in 2012 and 2013. In 2019, the race course will be on Aviation Field.
Enter the park via Hampton Ave. Turn right on Wells Dr. and continue to the round-about near the Jewel Box. Take the first right off the round-about and go left on Clayton Road. Aviation Field will be on your right. Clayton Road will open to bus traffic only and will be ONE-WAY going eastbound. NO PARKING will be allowed in either side of Clayton Road. It will be for bus drop-off/pick-up purposes only. The park will be towing any parked vehicles and ticketing buses.
- We have approval from the park to allow buses to park in the Upper Muny lot both Friday and Saturday. This will allow for buses to return to Aviation Field in an expedited manner in the event of lightening/severe weather and you need to use your bus for shelter.
- Note: this year both cars and buses will be allowed on the Upper Muny lot.
Enter the park via Hospital Drive from Kingshighway and head west on Clayton Rd. Drop off zone is located on the north side of Clayton Ave. Go north on Faulkner Dr. to exit the park.
NOTE for teams traveling on Highway 44 – All lanes of eastbound and westbound I-44 between I-270 and Geyer Road will be closed from Friday night at 7p until Monday. During the interstate closure, drivers will still be able to get from I-44 to I-270 in both directions, as well as to eastbound Watson Road (Route 366). Eastbound I-44 drivers wanting to continue east on I-44 can take exit 277A to Watson Road, turn onto Lindbergh, and take Lindbergh back to eastbound I-44. Westbound I-44 drivers wanting to continue west on I-44 will need to take the I-270 exit (exit 276) and use the westbound I-44 ramp (after the bridge) to continue on westbound I-44 during the closure.
Spectator & Athlete Parking
- Plan time to park and walk as there is not a large parking lot close to Aviation Field.
- The Upper Muny Lot will be available for FPXC parking in 2019 in addition to more street parking throughout the park.
- The Steinberg Rink lot is open.
- Do NOT park in the Planetarium lot or the Muny lot.
- The student/staff parking garage at the Forest Park Community Center is available for our athletes and spectators. Access the garage by turning onto Macklind Ave. from Oakland and making a right into the parking garage. Parking is FREE and the walk isn’t far to the tunnel that leads you directly to the course area in Forest Park. Volunteers will be on the Forest Park side of the tunnel passing out parking vouchers.
- The St. Louis University High School/Science Center parking lot off Oakland Avenue is another option.
- The Highlands Golf Center (just north of the course) will have parking available for $10/vehicle (no buses). Access the Highlands parking lot by entering the park at Kingshighway and Hospital Drive, heading west on Clayton and making a right into the lot at the top of the hill.
- All tents must be in the Archery Range area as noted on the course map.
- Per our agreement with the park you can ONLY set up tents in this area. You may not be near the fields or anywhere else.
- Please be respectful of the fields and keep all team camps at least 20 meters away from the course!