SEPTEMBER 13, 2019
Course preview for high school and middle school athletes available anytime after 2 pm
Race packets and meet merchandise will also be available after 2 pm
SEPTEMBER 14, 2019
7:30 am Open Race 5K
7:40 am Coaches Meeting
8:10 am Varsity Girls 5K White Division*
8:40 am Varsity Girls 5K Gold Division*
9:10 am Varsity Girls 5K Green Division*
9:40 am Varsity Boys 5K White Division*
10:10 am Varsity Boys 5K Gold Division*
10:40 am Varsity Boys 5K Green Division*
11:05 am Junior Varsity Girls 5K White/Gold Division Combined**
11:50 am Junior Varsity Girls 5K Green Division**
12:30 pm Junior Varsity Boys 5K White/Gold Division Combined**
1:10 pm Junior Varsity Boys 5K Green Division**
1:40 pm Freshman Girls 3K**
2:05 pm Freshman Boys 3K**
2:35 pm Middle School Boys & Girls 3K Green Division (MSHSAA Sanctioned Schools)**
3:00 pm Middle School Boys & Girls 3K While Division (NON-MSHSAA Sanctioned Schools)**
*Division note: For the varsity races, green is the most competitive, followed by gold and finally white.
**If heat poses a threat to athlete safety, we reserve the right to shorten the JV race distances.
In 2019, the meet will be held on Aviation Fields in Forest Park.
*As always, the course may change at any time prior to meet day based on Park recommendations or requirements.
The top three teams in each race will receive team awards. The top 30 individuals in each race will receive custom Forest Park Cross Country Festival medals.
Awards Ceremony Schedule
Open Race – 8:30 am
Varsity Girls (all divisions) – 9:50 am
Varsity Boys (all divisions) – 11:05 am
JV Girls (all divisions) – 12:50 pm
JV Boys (all divisions) – 2:20 pm
Freshmen and Middle School – 3:20 pm (or after completion of middle school races)
This is a Festival! We will have a wide variety of food, snacks, and drinks including BBQ, Gus’ Pretzels and Ted Drewes Frozen Custard at our concession stand. Big River Running Company will be selling official meet apparel on location. Meet apparel will be available Friday afternoon during the course preview, as well as on Saturday. Make your purchases early as meet apparel sells out quickly!
The meet organizer’s reserve the right to alter or cancel the meet due to inclement weather in the case that we deem conditions to be unsafe to compete or complete a given event. In general, the Forest Park Cross Country Festival will follow the MSHSAA weather policy (p. 27 and 30). In the case of lightning, we will delay the start of any event until 30 minutes after the last sighting of lightning. In the case of extreme heat, the event and remaining races will be canceled if the heat index reaches 105 degrees. The Forest Park Cross Country Festival committee will begin to alter race distances if the heat index reaches 95 degrees or we deem conditions to be unsafe to complete the advertised distance.
- We will make announcements over the PA system at the meet. As we are able, we will communicate delays and schedule updates via email to coaches (on the intent to compete list) as well as on Twitter. Please follow @BigRiverRacing and @SLUHXCTrack for real time updates.
- The head starter, head athletic trainer and the Meet Directors will make the call to implementing the Lightning Safety Policy.
- If lightning is detected within 20 miles of the venue we’ll enter into a “Heads Up” mode, finishing the current race and watching the weather pattern to see if the lightening is moving towards the venue.
- If lightning is detected within 10 miles or less we will begin safety procedures and initiating participants and spectators to seek shelter. The course and festival area (including the team tent area) must be completely cleared by the time lightning is within 6 miles.
- Activities will be delayed until the storm has passed; resumption of activities can begin 30 minutes after the last lightning strike is detected at greater than or equal to 10 miles. We’ll do our best to communicate a “restart time” giving athletes adequate time to get warmed up and to the starting line.