SEPTEMBER 11, 2021
FPXC plans to return to it’s regular home (Forest Park) and regular time schedule including hosting three divisions (Green, Gold and White) in 2021. Please check back regularly for more information. If your team is interested in competing in the 2021 Forest Park Cross Country Festival please fill out our interest form here to be added to the email listserve.
Saturday, September 11
*Schedule will be released soon
+Division note: For the varsity races, green is the most competitive, followed by gold, followed by white.
++If heat poses a threat to athlete safety, we reserve the right to shorten the race distances.
This year’s festival will look much like years past, however our main focus will continue to be the health and safety of our teams and runners. Our committee is working directly with the City and County’s Health Departments and will follow all recommendations and safety protocols. Currently we expect a return to normal racing, but will make necessary changes if the regional and local COVID numbers reach dangerous levels again.
The Safety of our athletes, volunteers and officials is our number one priority. We look forward to hosting everyone again this Fall!
– The Forest Park Cross Country Festival Committee
Our course at Forest Park is still being finalized and will be posted here when ready.
As always, the course may change at any time prior to meet day based on Park recommendations or requirements.
The top three teams in each race will receive a team award. The top 30 individuals in each race will receive a custom Forest Park Cross Country Festival medals.
There will not be formal awards ceremonies this year. Awards will be available for pick-up at the awards tent by Coach only after results have been posted and all of their athletes have competed.
T-shirt and concessions will be available once again this year at the Forest Park Cross Country Festival.
Other amenities include a professional meet announcer and real-time chip timing including 1-mile and 2-mile splits and a video board with finisher names and times.
The meet organizer’s reserve the right to alter or cancel the meet due to inclement weather in the case that we deem conditions to be unsafe to compete or complete a given event. In general, the Forest Park Cross Country Festival will follow the MSHSAA weather policy (p. 27 and 30). In the case of lightning, we will delay the start of any event until 30 minutes after the last sighting of lightning. In the case of extreme heat, the event and remaining races will be canceled if the heat index reaches 105 degrees. The Forest Park Cross Country Festival committee will begin to alter race distances if the heat index reaches 95 degrees or we deem conditions to be unsafe to complete the advertised distance.
- We will make announcements over the PA system at the meet. As we are able, we will communicate delays and schedule updates via email to coaches (on the intent to compete list) as well as on Twitter. Please follow @BigRiverRacing and @SLUHXCTrack for real time updates.
- The head starter, head athletic trainer and the Meet Directors will make the call to implementing the Lightning Safety Policy.
- If lightning is detected within 20 miles of the venue we’ll enter into a “Heads Up” mode, finishing the current race and watching the weather pattern to see if the lightening is moving towards the venue.
- If lightning is detected within 10 miles or less we will begin safety procedures and initiating participants and spectators to seek shelter. The course and festival area (including the team tent area) must be completely cleared by the time lightning is within 6 miles.
- Activities will be delayed until the storm has passed; resumption of activities can begin 30 minutes after the last lightning strike is detected at greater than or equal to 10 miles. We’ll do our best to communicate a “restart time” giving athletes adequate time to get warmed up and to the starting line.
Parking and bus routes will be available at a later date. Please check back later.
Bus drivers, please click here for specific drop-off, pick-up, and parking instructions.